Vision, Purpose and Values
Trinity School for Ministry is an evangelical seminary in the Anglican tradition. In this fractured world, we desire to be a global center for Christian formation, producing outstanding leaders who can plant, renew, and grow churches that make disciples of Jesus Christ.
To this end we are forming Christian leaders for mission.
The values that undergird this vision are:
- Evangelical and Anglican identity: We stand in the great Anglican Evangelical tradition that is rooted in the primacy of the scriptures and the doctrine of salvation by grace alone through faith alone, and which is foundationally expressed in the classic Book of Common Prayer.
- Welcoming evangelical, charismatic and catholic streams: We welcome students and faculty who long for a church that is evangelical in faith, catholic in order, alive in the Holy Spirit and committed to mission. We have a vital commitment to students from the Episcopal Church and from other Anglican jurisdictions both in North America and abroad. We also welcome students from other Christian traditions.
- Serving the Church: We are committed to serving the Church by preparing men and women to be leaders for its mission, its renewal, the planting and growth of congregations, and the proclamation of the never-changing truth in an ever-changing world.
- Excellent teaching and scholarship: We hold high standards of excellence in teaching and scholarship, believing that these will further both personal maturity and practical effectiveness in mission.
- Deep formation in community: We value the deep formation in Christian ministry that is possible in the residential degree programs of the school. In addition we believe in being flexible and innovative in providing theological education by extension with a global reach through the internet and off-campus classes and conferences.
- Being a school of discipleship: We believe that the discipleship of the whole person is essential preparation for ministry. We commit to foster in all our seminarians – men, women, single, married, married with children – spiritual and emotional maturity, integrity, grace, and holiness of life.
- Lifelong learning: We are committed to building a life-long community of learning among our graduates and other Christian leaders aimed at constantly improving their knowledge and ability as servants of Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Trusting God’s provision: We believe that “money follows ministry,” and therefore are accountable to our partners in ministry for careful stewardship of God’s money. We prayerfully rely on God’s provision and the generosity of His people in providing quality theological education at a reasonable cost for this and future generations.
- About Trinity
- Vision, Purpose and Values
- Trinity's History
- Trinity's Covenant
- Statement of Faith
- The Case for Residential Seminary Training
- A Case for Evangelical Anglicanism
- Biblical Theology at Trinity
- Community Life
- Faculty & Staff
- Our Future
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors
- Contact Us
- Our Campus
- Directions and Maps
- Employment Opportunities
- Media & Resources
- News & Events