Frequently Asked Questions
Click a topic below:
- Who can take a course through TrinityOnline?
- What does it cost?
- Can I audit an online course?
- What kind of technology do I need?
- What is a typical course like?
- How can I buy the required books?
- How do I register?
- What is my username and password?
- How can predestination and free will biblically co-exist?
Who can take a course through TrinityOnline?
Each course is $389/credit hour or $1,167 per three-credit course. The audit fee is $150 per three-credit course.
Trinity is now permitting students to audit most TrinityOnline courses. Contact the Director of Distance Learning for details on participating in our auditing program.
Not all instructors use the same kind of media to deliver their content, but you should at least have the following:
- Windows 98 or higher OR Mac OS 9 or higher
- The latest version of Internet Explorer
- The latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Word processing software such as Microsoft Word or Appleworks
- An audio file player such as Real Player, Windows Media Player, or QuickTime
The courses mirror our residential courses - classes last for an entire term, assignments typically are due on a weekly basis, and you can expect to spend 8-12 hours per week per course in an intense and fruitful time of study. The coursework is largely asynchronous, meaning you are not required to be online at the same time as the rest of your learning community.
Your class will take place within Edvance360, our online learning environment. As described in your syllabus, you will log on to Edvance360 several times over the course of the week to download material and post assignments. A large portion of your learning will take place in the Discussion Board, an ongoing, asynchronous conversation between you and your fellow learners, facilitated by the instructor. This interaction combined with the other assignments will demand an extensive amount of reading and writing.
Be sure to check out Online - is it for me? for more details.
Required books are available through most bookstores. You may purchase the books directly from Trinity by calling our bookstore at 1-800-874-8754.
Click the SIS link found in the sidebar to register. If you are a returning student, you may immediately log into the Student Information System using the username and password assigned you by the registrar.
If you are taking a Trinity course for the first time, call or email the Director of Distance Learning. You will also need to fill out the New Student Information Form. The Registrar will then contact you with further information on how to register.
Your username for both the Student Information System and Edvance360 is your first initial followed by your last name.
To obtain or reset your password for the Student Information System, contact the Registrar.
To obtain or reset your password for Edvance360, click the link entitled "Forgot your username or password?" on the Edvance360 site.
You had to choose to ask this, didn't you? Consider taking one of our theology courses, then you tell us!
- About Trinity
- Vision, Purpose and Values
- Trinity's History
- Trinity's Covenant
- Statement of Faith
- The Case for Residential Seminary Training
- A Case for Evangelical Anglicanism
- Biblical Theology at Trinity
- Welcoming all Gospel Minded Students
- Community Life
- Faculty & Staff
- Our Future
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors
- Contact Us
- Our Campus
- Directions and Maps
- Employment Opportunities
- Media & Resources
- News & Events