Stocks and Securities
Gifts of appreciated securities are a valuable way to leverage your giving to the mission of Trinity School for Ministry. It allows you to take full advantage of the available tax benefits the government allows at this time. Stock giving may be an effective addition or alternative to cash giving.
If you own any appreciated property, like stocks, mutual funds, bonds, or real estate, there are three major advantages to giving the asset versus giving cash:
- Ability to make a potentially larger gift. For many of us, the desire to give exceeds the amount of cash we have available to give. If you have access to investments that can be transferred to fund a gift, without taking from cash flow used to meet your budgetary needs, your giving is not limited to cash available.
- Increase in cash flow. Cash flow often presents a challenge for many individuals. Even an individual with substantial net worth may have difficulty meeting current financial obligations. Highly appreciated property may not produce substantial cash flow. Many times, stocks and bonds produce cash flow, in the form of dividends, of only one to two percent of their net worth. A gift of these types of properties may result in an immediate tax deduction, which increases cash flow.
- Avoidance of capital gains tax. If you sell appreciated property and make a gift of the proceeds, you will be taxed on the appreciation. This is called a capital gains tax. But that tax is avoided when you give appreciated property directly to Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry. And your charitable deduction will be for the full fair market value of the property at the time of the transfer.
Electronic transfer: This is a convenient way to transfer your securities. Simply instruct your broker to electronically transfer your securities out of your account into Trinity School for Ministry's PNC Institutional Investments Service Group account. Your broker will need the following:
- Our Tax ID #
- Our account #
- The DTC #
Please contact Jack Walsh to obtain these numbers at any time.
|Toll Free||800-874-8754 x249|
The account name is listed as Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry.
Jocy Muya is the contact at PNC Institutional Investments Service Group:
PNC Institutional Investments
1900 E 9th Street, 13th Floor
Cleveland, OH 44114
For more information about non-cash giving, contact Jack Walsh, Director of Planned Giving (email@example.com or 1-800-874-8754).
- About Trinity
- Vision, Purpose and Values
- Trinity's History
- Trinity's Covenant
- Statement of Faith
- The Case for Residential Seminary Training
- A Case for Evangelical Anglicanism
- Biblical Theology at Trinity
- Welcoming all Gospel Minded Students
- Community Life
- Faculty & Staff
- Our Future
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors
- Contact Us
- Our Campus
- Directions and Maps
- Employment Opportunities
- Media & Resources
- News & Events