About the Library
The Library's mission is to serve the Lord by providing faculty, students, and staff with rich, varied information resources, competent bibliographic instruction, and quiet, contemplative space; this, in turn, supports Trinity's calling to give theological education, spiritual nurture, and practical training for those He has called to ministry and Christian leadership.
Collection Development Guiding Principles
The Library's collection development supports the Library's mission, and is based on the principle of stewardship with the goal of glorifying Jesus Christ and serving His Kingdom through the items added to the collection.
Trinity Library's development goals are to develop the collection by,
- first, providing a repository where the Bible, as God's Word Written, remains the primary source for library activities and basis for library resources;
- second, developing and making available a rich collection of theological resources with an emphasis on Biblical Studies and Anglican Theology to support the evangelical and educational mission of Trinity; and,
- third, establishing a secure archive for older, historically significant materials that chronicle the Episcopal Renewal Movement and the history of Trinity School for Ministry.
The Library continues to add and maintain historical and contemporary works to implement these guidelines, including print monographs, serials, and periodicals, as well as information in emerging formats, such as electronic and audio-visual resources.
The Marjorie Stanway Collection of African Bibless, Prayer Books and Hymnals was established in honor of its namesake, the wife of Trinity's first Dean and President, Alf Stanway. The Marjorie Stanway Room houses the collection, one of the largest of its kind. For more about the collection, click here.
The Trinity Library is an institutional member of the American Theological Library Association, an institutional member of the Association of British Theological and Philosophical Libraries, an independent member of the Online Computer Library Center, and an institutional member of the Christian Library Consortium.
Susanah Hanson, Library Director
BA Geneva College
MAR Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry
MLIS University of Pittsburgh
Justin Hostutler, Assistant Librarian
BA Geneva College
MSLS Clarion University
- About Trinity
- Vision, Purpose and Values
- Trinity's History
- Trinity's Covenant
- Statement of Faith
- The Case for Residential Seminary Training
- A Case for Evangelical Anglicanism
- Biblical Theology at Trinity
- Welcoming all Gospel Minded Students
- Community Life
- Faculty & Staff
- Our Future
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors
- Contact Us
- Our Campus
- Directions and Maps
- Employment Opportunities
- Media & Resources
- News & Events